From 1st March 2023 till 31 August 2024 Foundation Smart minds together with Zhero Consulting (Italy) implements Erasmus+ program KA210-VET - Small-scale partnerships in vocational education and training project “Identification and improvement of skills of workers in the construction sector”(Skills4Construction), project No. 2022-2-LV01-KA210-VET-000095676.
The European Qualifications Framework was developed in 2008 as a tool to increase the transparency, comparability and transferability of qualifications, while in both countries - in Latvia and in Italy, which have developed their National Qualifications Frameworks, development of occupational standards and requirements for VET qualifications are still ongoing. However, these processes are most responsive to the needs of the formal education system - although knowledge and skills requirements for formal education graduates are set in collaboration with employers, they do not cover work-related knowledge and skills that are relevant to a person's active working life, for example, after graduation of VET. As a result, there is an need in project partner countries as well in EU to describe sector workers' s knowledge and skills acquired after graduating VET (outside the education system).
Descriptions of skills, knowledge and competences acquired in the work of working professionals would also help them anticipate the needs for further learning in order to acquire the knowledge and skills they need.
The objectives of the project are:
1) to analyse the skills, competences and knowledge of professions in construction sector acquired in work;
2) to create tool for identification of skills, competences and knowledge of workers in construction sector.
3) to provide training for improvement of skills, competences and knowledge of workers in the construction sector.
1) Preparation of descriptions of skills, competences and knowledge acquired by workers in work activities in construction sector in English;
2) Digital tests for identification of skills, competences and knowledge of workers in construction sector in English, Italian and Latvian;
3) Preparation of training course for improvement of skills, competences and knowledge of workers in construction sector in English, Italian and Latvian.
The direct target group of the project is: workers in the construction sector.
The indirect target groups of this project are:
2) employers and the trade unions in the contraction sector- both of which have an interest in establishing the most transparent wage and motivational systems and improving the working conditions, skills of those working in the construction sector;
3) educational institutions, which could organize and offer targeted training courses to workers in the construction sector or supplement the existing training or study programs with relevant competencies acquired in the labour market - not included in the current educational qualification.
Project partner is Zhero Consulting srl - https://zhero.eu/.
Results of project:
Developed job competency descriptions:
Developed self- evaluation and job competency tests:
For further information, please contact us by e-mail: