From 1st November 2022 till 31 May 2024 Foundation Smart minds as partner implements Erasmus+ program KA220-ADU - Cooperation partnerships in adult education project “Creation of self-assessment quality assurance tool in non-formal adult learning”(SelfAssessAL), project No. 2022-1-LT01-KA220-ADU-000085541.
According to the OECD (2019), Lithuania is ranked as the second, Latvia as fourth highest country in terms of urgency of getting the adult learning system ready for the future. Challenges include raising participation among underrepresented individuals, removing financial and time barriers to participation, increasing provision, and raising the overall quality of adult education. Gaining trust in adult learning systems is essential in motivation of adults to participate in trainings. By providing tools for improvement of the quality of non-formal adult programs, thus strengthening quality assurance in non-formal adult learning, availability of high quality learning opportunities for adults can be improved.
The objectives of the project are:
1) to strengthen quality assurance in non-formal adult learning;
2) to provide self-assessment tool for quality assurance in non-formal adult learning programs for adult learning providers and non-formal adult learning policy makers and implementers at national level through cooperation between different stakeholders and experience of different countries, by taking into account European Quality Assurance Reference Framework.
Main project’s results:
- Developed country reports about quality assurance tools in non-formal adult learning in English and translated to national languages - Latvian, Lithuanian and Bulgarian;
- Developed comparative analyses of quality assurance tools in non-formal adult learning in English;
- Created transnational self-assessment tool for quality assurance in non-formal adult learning programs in English, Latvian, Lithuanian and Bulgarian;
- Created guidelines how to use self-assessment tool for quality assurance in non-formal adult learning programs in English, Latvian, Lithuanian and Bulgarian;
- Organized a training of at least 30 participants about self-assessment quality assurance tool;
- Ensured at least 24 evaluations/tests of self-assessment quality assurance tool;
- Develop recommendations for improvement of the quality tools in non-formal adult learning at local and national level including country specific recommendations for relevant stakeholders in English, Latvian, Lithuanian and Bulgarian.
Main project’s target groups:
1) Non-formal adult learning policy makers and implementers at national level – Parliament, Ministers of Cabinet, responsible ministries and their institutions, local municipalities, relevant stakeholders like social partners, members of quality setting, controlling, advising councils, boards, committees, groups;
2) Non-formal adult learning program providers and educators;
Indirect project target group or beneficiaries are: non-formal adult learning program learners.
- State Education Quality Service (Latvia) - www.ikvd.gov.lv
- Qualifications and Vocational Education and Training Development Centre (Lithuania) - https://www.kpmpc.lt/kpmpc/en/
- Vilnius Technology and Engineering Training Center (Lithuania)- mokymas.eu
- The National Agency for Vocational Education and Training (NAVET) (Bulgaria) - https://www.navet.government.bg/
- The Institute for Training of Personnel in International Organizations (ITPIO) (Bulgaria) - https://itpio.eu/
Project results are:
For further information, please contact us by e-mail: